The Handbook contains detailed information regarding Membership and Fellowship in SDP including:
- Entry requiremets
- Application process
- Examination format and content
EXAM / ASSESSMENT TIMETABLE
To view a copy of the exams and assessments timetable click here.
Fellowship in SDP
Candidates for Fellowship (SDP) are required to have a broad and deep theoretical knowledge with clinical application in all aspects of the Specialist Dental Practice.
Fellowship in a Specialist Dental Practice discipline represents the assessment and peer review of a candidate at an advanced level. This follows the completion of a period of specialist experience gained after the completion of a higher university qualification in that discipline. It is seen as a continuation of learning and professional development in that discipline.
Prior to applying for assessment of eligibility to present for the Fellowship Examination in Specialist Dental Practice, a specialist must have:
- Attained the award of Membership (SDP) in that Specialist Dental Practice discipline
- Completed the requisite period for specialist practice
As part of the Assessment of Eligibility, candidates will be asked to submit a Clinical Logbook. Specific requirements can be found in the Handbook - Membership and Fellowship in SDP.
Assessment of specialists for Fellowship is conducted through an examination which includes submission of case reports and a viva voce examination.
How to apply
Find out everything you need to know about Specialist Dental Practice pathways in the Handbook - Membership and Fellowship in SDP. Please ensure you read this document before applying and contact RACDS if you have any questions. We have a dedicated education team to assist you with your enquiries.
To have your eligibility assessed for a College Fellowship examination, you will need to submit an FSDP01 - Assessment of Eligibility for Fellowship Examination.
If assessed as eligible, you will then be invited to submit a FSDP02 – Enrolment for Fellowship Examination for your chosen examination.
|Fellowship - Specialist Dental Practice (SDP)
1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017 Fees (in AUD)
Assessment of eligibility for fellowship examination
|Admission to Fellowship
|Annual fee (FY 01/07/16 to 30/06/17)
|Annual fee (FY 01/07/17 to 30/06/18)
- Fellowship in Specialist Dental Practice (SDP) is offered in the following disciplines: endodontics, oral medicine, orthodontics, paediatric dentistry, prosthodontics, special needs dentistry, periodontics and dental public health.
- Fees marked with asterisk (*) denote GST inclusive. Fees marked with pound/hash (#) denote GST free.
- The annual fee is payable on the 1st day of July each year. All unpaid annual fees by the 31st of August each year will attract a monthly late payment surcharge. Members or Fellows who are elected to Membership or Fellowship during the year will pay a pro rata annual fee based on the whole months remaining in the financial year (FY).
- For more information, please refer to the RACDS Specialist Dental Practice (SDP) Handbook and other relevant policies (including refunds) which are available on the website.
Whilst all due care is taken to ensure that all information contained herein is correct at the time of publication, the RACDS makes no warranties in respect of inadvertent errors or omissions. The RACDS reserves the right to revise these fees and other information from time to time, as well as amend the dates of examinations, courses and workshops whenever conditions warrant. Where these activities are cancelled or postponed, a full refund of the fee will be issued. The RACDS however takes no responsibility for any other costs incurred by the candidate in this regard.