On 15 June 2018, the Board agreed to introduce a new By-Law for the membership category of ‘Associate’ to be open to Fellows and Members who have gained a Fellowship or Membership from a college with a similar history and purpose to our own College.
Rights and Privileges
- Associate membership provides access to benefits provided to RACDS Fellows or Members but does not bestow voting rights, right to serve on the Board, use of RACDS post nominals nor confer any registerable qualification.
- An Associate can display their membership of RACDS as ‘Associate of RACDS’.
- An Associate cannot refer to themselves as a Fellow or Member of RACDS.
The annual fee for Associates will be set at approximately one third (1/3) of RACDS annual fee for Fellows/Members.
To qualify as an Associate of the College, an applicant must be either a current Fellow or Member (or a past Fellow or Member in good standing) of another similar college including Fellows and Members of other international colleges:
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- College of Dental Surgeons Singapore
- College of Dental Surgeons of Hong Kong
- Any other international colleges of dentists deemed to be appropriate by the Board
- To apply for Associate membership, please complete and return the Application for Associate Membership Form to the RACDS Chief Executive Officer and pay the corresponding annual fee.
- The College will seek a history of membership from the respective college and a letter of good standing as a due diligence check, including whether the original Membership or Fellowship has been withdrawn by the respective college.
- The Chief Executive Officer will provide the background information to the Board, including the history of respective college membership.
- The Board will determine the allocation of Associate of RACDS.
- The Chief Executive Officer will inform the applicant of the outcome of their submission.
- In the event of unsuccessful application, the annual fee paid will be refunded in full.