The Fellowship Examination in GDP is the final stage in attaining Fellowship with the College. It is an assessment of clinical and theoretical knowledge in an experiential context, over a broad base of general dental practice.
- 3,210.00 - Enrolment for both Parts I and II
- 1,913.00 - Enrolment for Part l or Part ll only
The Fellowship Examination in GDP is the final stage in attaining Fellowship with the College. It is an assessment of clinical and theoretical knowledge in an experiential context, over a broad base of general dental practice.Online
Last day to register: 13/11/2022
Not an RACDS member? Please select create a profile to sign in and register.
The level of expectation is specifically set at the experienced general practitioner level and not the specialist level.
Candidates must have passed or been granted exemption from the Primary Examination (GDP) or gained Membership in General Dental Practice through the MRACDS(GDP) Program to be eligible to sit the Fellowship Examination.
Written Paper (General): Monday,9 January 2023
Written Paper (Elective): Tuesday, 10 January 2023
Viva Voce Examinations: Monday, 16 January – Wednesday, 18 January 2023
The Fellowship Examination consists of two sections:
Section 1: General Dentistry
– Written paper of three (3) hours duration (five short essay questions, approximately 35 minutes each)
– viva voce (oral) examination of 30 minutes’ duration including oral examination across the scope of General Dentistry and discussion of a specific clinical case
Section 2: Elective
Candidates select one (1) of the following three (3) topics:
I. Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery and Oral Pathology
II. Restorative Dentistry and Periodontics
III. Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
Candidates will complete:
– Written paper of three (3) hours’ duration
– viva voce (oral) examination of 35 minutes’ duration including oral examination of the Elective Section and discussion of a clinical case
For more detailed information on the Fellowship Examination please click here.
Applications close: Sunday, 13 November 2022
To check whether you’re eligible for the Primary Examination Exemption pathway please click here.
- Candidates are required to hold membership with RACDS prior to enrolling – apply for Affiliate Membership now. If you hold an active Subscription you are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are required to submit a profile photo before checkout. The photo needs to be with light/white plain background and sharp under 5MB.
- The College does not set any specific requirements for demonstration of English language skills however it should be noted that all assessments are written and marked in English and that proficiency in English at the level equivalent to a 7.5 in all subjects in the IELTS (or a B in the OET) is expected of candidates in all assessments.
- Candidates who have submitted an application for exemption from the Primary Examination and have enrolled to sit for the Fellowship Examination will be accepted on a provisional basis, pending the outcome of such exemption application. An outcome on the exemption application prior to the Fellowship Examination is not guaranteed unless the exemption application was completed and submitted by Sunday, 2 October 2022.
- Candidates who are successful in the General or Elective section only will be granted credit for that section. Candidates may then present at a later examination for the section which they have failed. This credit is valid for a maximum period of three years, following which the candidate will be required to present for the full examination (both General and Elective sections).
- The enrolment fee may be refunded as per the RACDS Refund Policy.
- Enrolment is valid only for the examination sitting to which the candidate has been admitted.
- The College reserves the right to amend the timing and dates of examinations whenever conditions warrant. Where examinations are cancelled or postponed, a full refund of the examination enrolment fee will be issued. The College takes no responsibility for any other costs incurred by the candidate.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Declaration: By enrolling, I hereby apply to sit as a candidate for the Fellowship Examination and declare that at the time of this exam, I have held appropriate registration and have been qualified to practise dentistry for three (3) years or more and that during that time, I have spent two (2) years in the general practice of dentistry. I am appropriately registered to practice with a recognised authority (e.g. Dental Board of Australia/Dental Council of NZ) and I am in good standing with that authority without any reprimands, cautions, conditions, restrictions, limitations or undertakings on my registration or practice.
I hereby acknowledge that:
- Candidate communication will be primarily by email and it is my responsibility to provide a valid and updated email address and carefully read the information sent to me;
- I must be contactable by phone and email during the examination period in case of any changes to the timetable and
- Biometric data, recordings and other personal data will be collected and stored by Third Parties for examination integrity