The MRACDS(GDP) Program is a modular educational program for general dental practitioners which supports the ongoing acquisition of knowledge and skills relevant to practice and provides a systematic approach to Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The program is intended to be flexible and can be tailored to a candidate’s interests and schedule. Assessments are completed at the candidate’s own pace over a two-year period.
The program has a limited intake of 30 candidates per calendar year with places allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
The program is broken up into the following:
- Core modules (six compulsory subjects) which are assessed via eight Short Answer Questions (SAQ’s) per subject
- Elective modules (choice of three out of six subjects) which are assessed via one case report per subject
- 120 hours of Continued Professional Development (CPD) over the course of the two year program
- viva voce examination at the completion of the above assessments.
Candidates must sit the SAQ’s during the assessment rounds take place three times per year and are run over a period of five consecutive weekends per round. Candidates may apply for a maximum of one core module per weekend for each assessment round and must nominate the date/s and module/s they wish to apply for one month prior to the round.
Candidates must submit 3 Case Reports throughout the 2 years of the Program. The three chosen elective modules are assessed via submission of one case report per elective that covers the candidate’s personal treatment of cases representing the broad range of issues covered in the chosen elective. The first Case Report must be submitted within the first year of the program.
For the MRACDS(GDP) Program, candidates must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 120 hours of appropriate CPD over a two year period that is relevant to the core and elective modules. It is recommended that candidates aim to complete approximately 12 hours of appropriate course content for all core and chosen elective modules. Candidates must dedicate a minimum of six hours relevant verifiable CPD to the content of each module, but must not exceed 18 hours.
The viva voce is a 30-minute assessment and discussion of the case/s. It is conducted three times per year, and in order to be eligible candidates must have completed all assessments prior to enrolling.
The MRACDS(GDP) Program holds an Orientation Day at the start of the year for each new cohort. The day is designed to provide information, guidance and a platform for new candidates to ask questions and interact with integral representatives of the College.
The mentoring program aims to maximse candidates learning experience during the MRACDS(GDP) Program. Candidates are provided with a College mentor who will work in partnership with the candidate to provide encouragement, constructive feedback, shared experiences and evaluation.
By enrolling, I hereby apply as a candidate for the MRACDS(GDP) Program and declare that at the time of this enrolment, I have held appropriate registration and have been qualified to practice dentistry for three (3) years or more and that during that time, I have spent two (2) years in the general practice of dentistry. I am appropriately registered to practice with a recognised authority (e.g. Dental Board of Australia/Dental Council of NZ) and I am in good standing with that authority without any reprimands, cautions, conditions, restrictions, limitations or undertakings on my registration or practice.
By enrolling in the MRACDS(GDP) Program, I hereby acknowledge that:
1. Candidate communication will be primarily by email and it is my responsibility to provide a valid and updated email address and carefully read the information sent to me.
2. Monitoring my progress in the program to ensure completion by the required date is my own responsibility.
3. Any information regarding my progress in the program can be forwarded to a mentor as required.
4. I have read and understand the RACDS Refund Policy that is available on the website.
Privacy Collection Notice