Candidates for the Final Examination for Fellowship in General Dental Practice (GDP) must have passed or been granted exemption from the Primary Examination for Fellowship or have gained Membership in General Dental Practice through the MRACDS(GDP) Program. In order to be eligible, candidates must have a current subscription or have joined Affiliate Membership to the College, have completed three years of practice (full-time or equivalent) with a minimum of two years in general practice and must produce certified evidence from a registering authority that they hold a current licence to practise dentistry as a dentist. Successful candidates will be invited to submit an application for Admission to Fellowship.
1. Candidates who have submitted an application for exemption from the Primary Examination and enrolling to sit for the Final Exam will be accepted on a provisional basis, pending outcome of such exemption application. An outcome on the exemption application prior to the Final Examination is not guaranteed unless the exemption application was completed and submitted by 1 August.
2. The viva voce is held remotely in various locations. Minimum candidate numbers apply to all written paper venues.
3. Candidates who have passed one Section within the last three (3) years may carry a credit and repeat only the other Section. Candidates who previously failed the Elective Section may opt to repeat with a different elective.
4. The examination enrolment fee may be refunded as per the RACDS Refund Policy which is available on the College website.
5. Enrolment is valid only for the examination sitting to which the candidate has been admitted.
6. Examination venues may be cancelled at the discretion of the College if the required numbers are not met. Candidates enrolled at these venues will be offered a refund or the option to transfer to another venue.
7. The College reserves the right to otherwise amend the timing and dates of examinations whenever conditions warrant. Where examinations are cancelled or postponed, a full refund of the examination enrolment fee will be issued. The College takes no responsibility for any other costs incurred by the candidate.
8. Enrolment fees are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Applications Close: 30 October 2020 (Friday)
Declaration: By enrolling, I hereby apply to sit as a candidate for the Final Examination and declare that at the time of this exam, I have been qualified to practice dentistry for three (3) years or more and that during that time, I have spent two (2) years in the general practice of dentistry. I understand that:
- Candidate communication will be primarily by email and it is my responsibility to provide a valid and updated email address and carefully read the information sent to me; and
- I must be contactable by phone and email during the examination period in case of any changes to the timetable.
Privacy Collection Notice