The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented event and the College would like to emphasise that its impact on your training is recognised as not within your control. We understand that there are concerns about training, assessments and exams, teaching and clinical experience, and time in training. The College seeks to reassure you that no trainee will be disadvantaged due to the decisions and actions that the College may have to implement due to COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding at this challenging time and wish you all the best over the coming weeks and months.
- Medical Board of Australia’s responses to COVID-19 pandemic on 31 March – Updates on CPD requirements, Intern requirements and IMGs
- Medical Council for New Zealand COVID-19 Response
- ANZAOMS COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Guidelines for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery on 5 April 2020
- National principles for clinical education during the COVID-19 pandemic
- ANZAOMS Resumption of Elective Surgery – COVID-19 on 23 April 2020
- Australian Medical Association Online Trainee Forum – COVID-19 and its impact on specialty training
OMS Program Updates
Dear OMS trainees,
RACDS is closely monitoring the advice relating to COVID-19 provided by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and the World Health Organisation. Our first priority is the health and welfare of our Fellows, Members, candidates, trainees and staff. The spread of COVID-19 is creating various challenges in the delivery of face-to-face education and assessment.
SST Examinations postponed from October 2020 are scheduled for March 2021. There is only to be one diet of this examination in 2021 and it is only open to applicants who had registered to take the examination in 2020 which included OMS Trainees and some non Trainees, and no other non Trainees can be considered for the 2021 examination.
The College Calendar has information on the status of College activities and is updated regularly.
The College is regularly engaging with other medical Colleges at this time.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.