The MRACDS(GDP) Program is a modular educational program for general dental practitioners which supports the ongoing acquisition of knowledge and skills relevant to practice and provides a systematic approach to continuing professional development (CPD).
- $3,319 - MRACDS(GDP)
The MRACDS(GDP) Program is a modular educational program for general dental practitioners which supports the ongoing acquisition of knowledge and skills relevant to practice and provides a systematic approach to continuing professional development (CPD).Online
Last day to register: 14/01/2024
Not an RACDS member? Please select create a profile to sign in and register.
The program is intended to be flexible and can be tailored to a candidate’s interests and schedule. Assessments are completed at the candidate’s own pace over a two-year period.
The program has a limited intake of candidates per calendar year with places allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
Program commences: Saturday, 10 February 2024
Enrolments close: Sunday, 14 January 2024
Price: $3,319 (due at the start of each year)
The program is broken up into the following:
- Core modules (six compulsory subjects) are assessed via eight Short Answer Questions (SAQ’s) per subject.
- Elective modules (choice of three out of six subjects) which are assessed via one case report per subject.
- 120 hours of Continued Professional Development (CPD) over the course of the two year program.
- viva voce examination at the completion of the above assessments.
Core modules include:
- Clinical Examination Technique and Dental Imaging
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Infection Control
- Medical Emergencies
- Practice Management, Law, Ethics and Risk Management
- Therapeutics in Dentistry, Pain and Pain Management
Elective modules include:
- Dentoalveolar Surgery
- Operative Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Combined Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Special Needs Dentistry
- Combined Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
The MRACDS(GDP) Program holds an Orientation Day at the start of the year for each new cohort. The day is designed to provide information, guidance and a platform for new candidates to ask questions and interact with integral representatives of the College. Orientation will be delivered online via Zoom.
The mentoring program aims to maximise candidates’ learning experience during the MRACDS(GDP) Program. Candidates are provided with a College mentor who will work in partnership with the candidate to provide encouragement, constructive feedback, shared experiences and evaluation.
The MRACDS(GDP) program is open to eligible candidates who are registered to practice dentistry in Australia or New Zealand. Candidates must have completed their undergraduate degree three (3) years prior to enrolling in the Membership(GDP) program and have had a minimum of two (2) years’ clinical experience.
For more detailed information on the MRACDS(GDP) Program please click here.
For enquiries please contact email@example.com.
- Candidates are required to hold Affiliate membership with RACDS prior to enrolling and for the duration you are in the program – apply for Affiliate Membership now. If you hold an active Subscription you are eligible to apply however should this lapse through the program you will be required to hold Affiliate membership.
- Candidates are required to submit a profile photo before checkout. The photo needs to be with a light/white plain background and sharp under 5MB.
- The College does not set any specific requirements for demonstration of English language skills however it should be noted that all assessments are written and marked in English and that proficiency in English at the level equivalent to a 7.5 in all subjects in the IELTS (or a B in the OET) is expected of candidates in all assessments.
- Enrolment is valid only for the year to which the candidate has been admitted.
- The enrolment fee may be refunded as per the RACDS Refund Policy.
- The College reserves the right to amend the timing and dates of assessments whenever conditions warrant. Where assessments are cancelled or postponed, a full refund of the the enrolment fee will be issued. The College takes no responsibility for any other costs incurred by the candidate.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD).