The NSW/ACT Regional Committee invites you to attend online tutorials in preparation for the Primary Examination, followed by a virtual social event. You are welcome to attend both the tutorial and social event or just one, please select the registration option that works best for you.
The purpose of these tutorials is to supplement your exam preparation and provide you with exam tips to help you pass the Primary Examination. Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss concepts, ask questions and interact with the lecturers in each specific subject.
This tutorial is open to members from any region.
CPD hours and lecture notes will be available.
Date & Time: Saturday, 16 October 2021 | 9:00am – 1:30pm AEDT
09:00am – 09:15am | Introduction of Speakers and Tutorial Plan | Dr Zanab Malik, Candidate Advisor
09:15am – 11:15am | Microbiology (including Q&As)| Emeritus Prof Laurie Walsh AO
11:15am – 11:25am | 10 min break
11:25am – 12:25pm | Pathology | Dr Janina Christoforou
12:25pm – 1:25pm | The GPS to Study and Exam Preparation | Dr Dimitra Mersinia
1:25pm – 1:30pm | Conclusion of Tutorials | Dr Zanab Malik
Join the NSW/ACT Regional Committee for a virtual guest keynote lecture and social event where you will hear from multiple guest speakers and get the chance to come together with Fellows, Members and candidates. We encourage you to join to discuss concepts, ask questions and interact with each other for a relaxing afternoon of collegial discussion.
This event is open to members from any region.
Date & Time: Saturday, 16 October 2021 | 2:30pm – 4:30pm AEDT
- Keynote speaker – Winthrop Prof Marc Tennant
- Dr Emilija Jensen – winner of the 2021 J.G. Sutherland Prize and the Richard Manning King Award for Final Examination
- Dr Reuben Martin-Hendrie – co-winner of the 2020 F.G. Christensen Memorial Prize for outstanding proficiency at the Primary Examination
- Dr Jamie Mackenzie – co-winner of the 2020 F.G. Christensen Memorial Prize for outstanding proficiency at the Primary Examination (recorded presentation)
- Dr Zanab Malik – NSW/ACT Candidate Advisor, recent Fellow 2018 “Fellowship and beyond”
We encourage you to join to ask questions and interact with each other and our guest speakers.
Delivered: Zoom (Zoom link will be emailed closer to the date)
$100 – for all members from any region (includes social event)
FREE – all attendees of 2021 Primary Examination Tutorials (NSW & QLD) and 2021 PFS workshop candidates
$50 – all Student and Affiliate/Subscribed candidates (you must be an active member with the College)
$75 – all other members
Registrations close Friday, 15 October at 12pm.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Candidate Advisor Dr Zanab Malik at email@example.com if you have any questions about the program.
• Lecture notes will be available after the tutorials and subject to the lecturer’s permission.
• All prices are in AUD.
• Each registered ticket is valid for one person only.
• No split or shared registrations. Virtual event/program access details are provided for the registered attendee only and are not to be shared.
• No refund will be made after Monday, 9 October 2021 however an alternative delegate name may be provided by email. In the case of extenuating circumstances, a refund outside of these terms and conditions may be considered by and at the discretion of the Regional Committee upon application.
Privacy Collection Notice